Nature Study

I have always liked the idea of "nature study" (simply going outside and spending time observing God's creation). It could be planned and recorded in a notebook or it could be spontaneous and left in our memory. Whatever the occasion, the children and I always enjoy being outside. Most of the time our attention is taken by something that is unexpected like when my son brings me a flower picked from the yard or when my children notice a spider taking care of it's web, or maybe just digging a hole in the dirt and getting dirty. Those are the moments that I cherish, when our learning is unplanned and we can learn about God's creation together as a family. By looking at the beauty of a flower, we can know God's beauty and by seeing the heighth of the mountains we can know how majestic He is, we need not to explain....just by the sight and the complexity of everything, we know that we serve an awesome God. Oh, how lovely is He!
Lately, my sons have developed the desire to go outside and take pictues of nature with their digital camera and they are always soo excited to show me what they took pictures of.... I get excited too :o)
Here's a sample! The beautiful flower pictured here is called "Plumeria" we have a huge tree of these beautiful plumerias in our yard , along with another tree of yellow and white plumeria's. They have a beautiful fragrance!

Comments

Popular Posts