A Tribute to My Mother

Mother, what you mean to me cannot be expressed in words, but I will try my best to describe what you mean to me from deep within.

The first thing that comes to mind is the joy that you carry. I think of your joy and a great big smile develops in my heart! You are always making light of everything. No mattter how hard the trial or how difficult the task you are always seeing the good of everything and everyone.

You make me laugh because of the goofy things you do. I love being around you, you make things fun!

You make me feel comfortable about trying new things, never fear, is your lifes motto.

You make me feel like nothing is too hard...you never grow "old". Jumping on the trampoline, jumping into Hilo rapids and skateboarding is still in your vocabulary! Remember the parking lot in Kona? You're still a star on a skateboard and yes you'll always be "surfer chick" .

I love you because you are great example of how beautiful our Lord is. You're always making everything look beautiful. Whether it is with fresh flowers, pretty smelling candles, sailboaots and lighthouses; pretty curtains, pretty tablecloths, pretty placemats and pretty bed spreads. I can walk into your home and feel pretty because everything is pretty. You have always made special occasions truly special. I'll always remember our valentines days and our christmas', our harvest days and our saint patricks days! For valentines day you would set our table very pretty with a favor on each placemat for each member of the family. You made us feel loved. I can still smell christmas in our home. The christmas tree's all decorated with our art showed us how much you cherished our treasures that we made in school.

I love you because you are very adventureous. If it were'nt for you I would'nt see half my world! You've taken us places we've never seen before. It does'nt matter that we didn't travel by planes, or fancy automobiles or boats and trains, we had fun simply being with you.

I love your sweet, friendly voice, it makes feel safe.

I love spending time with you and talking to you on the phone. Even when there is nothing to talk about.

Thank you Mother for being who you are. Thank you Mother for helping me grow and entrusting in the Lord to care for me. Thank you Mother for taking the time to be a Mother to me and showing me what a Mother is.

I love you and appreciate you from the depth of my heart.

I love You Mother!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you Heather dear for the wonderful tribute. I so enjoy your blog and was so surprised by coming upon this. What a wonderful daughter you are that the Lord gave me.
Mom:)

Popular Posts