The Cold Bug

My two little girls have caught the cold bug....

Little Tori started with the runny nose and watery eyes accompanied with a fever and now Olivia has the cold, but instead started with a fever and tired, watery eyes and now has a yucky cough. It makes me nervous when one of them get sick cause then I worry about the rest of them catching it. This past summer, the flu went through our home. That was not fun! It went from one child to the next in a period of 4 weeks. It was a bad one, even daddy got it.

Here are some tips on how to nurture your loved ones back to health:

* Make sure they get lot's of fluids- water is best! (sometimes with so much to do, I forget to encourage my children to drink lot's of water when they're not sick)

* Keep the errands for another day and keep them in bed- lot's of rest is best!

* Keep them comfortable- showered and in fresh linen on their beds, fresh pair of jammies

* Disinfect traffic spots like door knobs, light switches, toilets and sinks by wiping them down daily

* Try to encourage paper towel drying when drying their hands so germs don't transfer from wet damp towels

* Give them their regular dose of vitamins and extra something like vitamin c or elderberry etc.

* Lot's of love and maybe a book or two or three or four....and read to them in bed:o)

* If they have a fever try suppositories instead of children's Tylenol (I swear by these because at times when I give my children oral meds when they are sick, they end up throwing it up) I try to let the fever ride for a little while to see if it will break on it's own because the fever is our bodies way of killing the bacteria or virus, if the fever does not subside then I resort to the meds....just a thought.

* And most of all, mommy's prayer, that they'll get better soon

Comments

Popular Posts