Christmas Preparations

We have been a little busy here at the Kanahele Household. This is what we have been doing: By the way, originally, we did not have a tree, but to my surprise, the boys came in two days ago from their play with this tree. Before I could say anything, it was strung in lights. They cut it down from the property behind our house. This is what went on.....

Mom: "Where did you get that tree?"

Boys: "In the bushes."

Mom: "What bushes, you didn't take it from the property behind us?... Those are their plants."

Boys: "Mom, it's nature. We really wanted a christmas tree and you gotta do what you gotta do.

They tell me about their adventure; cutting it down with a saw in the meantime pausing when cars would go by and sawing again, running it home with the tree on all three of their heads and freezing when someone looked their way. I sat them down to talk to them about taking other peoples plants not to mention that there are many growing on the rim of the property, never the less the plant does not belong to us, but it now stands in our living room.

I do have to admit...it's really pretty.

Finished chocolate chip cookies ready to be packaged
Cookies are packaged now! These are red paper bags that I used. This year my wrapping theme is red paper with jute twine. I made the labels on the computer with the photo we used for our christmas card. It says "Merry Christmas, Love the Kanaheles"
Almost completed goodies. This year I have decided that I was going to bake cookies for neighbors and because I had a few ripe bananas I ended up baking a few loaves of banana bread. In the background, you see containers of colored pasta that the kids and I colored as gifts for their friends. They are non edible and for art. The container that you see pink stuff in is homemade playdough. We made three colors: pink, blue, and yellow.

Below: The labels that I made on the computer are now on! They say 'Oodles o' noodles.'

Comments

Eva said…
What beautiful gifts! You all did a great job. I know the recipients will love them! Merry Christmas!
Marci said…
I love the play dough and the noodles for crafts! I would love to know to make them. Marci (Eva's friend)

Popular Posts