Count Your Blessings

God blesses us in ways that we'd never expect.

A dear lady from church called yesterday to say that she would be by in an hour. Well, she came and handed me a christmas card saying "It's just a little something, Merry Christmas!", visited for a few minutes and left.

As she was driving off the boys were anxious to open it, so we did and to our surprise there was a $50. gift certificate to one of the local grocery stores here in Hilo.

I just want to praise God for his constant provision and also thank this special lady.

In the card she writes:

"When I first started to attend New Hope Hamakua you welcomed me with your warm hearts. I can't forget that wonderful feeling.

I want you to know how much I love you guys and to let you know you are such a warm, humble, compassionate, loving family. God Bless you all...."

Wow! What an encouraging and loving letter!

During my devotions this morning I came across this scripture:

Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works,

not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, and so much more as you see the Day approaching.

Romans 10:23-25

Thank You Jesus!

Comments

Eva said…
So Thoughtful!

This friend describes you all perfectly, 'warm, humble, compassionate, loving family'.

At night when I can't sleep, I count my many blessings too. The kind, giving nature of others has taken my breath away many times.

We love and miss you all!

Popular Posts