Thrifty Finds

Okay, I like to go to Salvation Army here in Hilo and look for treasures. Sometimes I'm lucky and sometimes I'm not. I especially like to look for vintage treasures. Olivia is also in need of some clothes and earlier today we were at Macy's, but I can't stand the idea of spending more than $5 on a shirt for a 3 year old...so, I thought I'd wait til we get to Salvation Army. So, we headed off to old faithful and here are some of the treasures I found:

A cup and a saucer x2 (one for Olivia and one for Victoria) A little pricey, I thought - $5.75, but I guess it's because they're Bavaria china

A very pretty plate ($2.)

And a very pretty bowl ($2.)

And for Olivia:

* a pair of really cute old navy jeans

* a white eyelet tank from old navy

* GAP kids pink linene skirt w/ eyelet trim, size 6 ( but worth saving for her even though she doesn't fit it now)

* a pair of really cute lavendar oshkosh shorts w/ a velco front closure

* old navy kahki colored corduroy shorts

All sooo cute! And Olivia was happy too! Instead of buying a shirt for $5 or more, I got all these clothes for $5.!!

That's not it....Thanks to Eva, she has inspired me to be earth friendly and I am making a real big effort to be conservative with our resources...one thing that I'm aiming for is to use reusable grocery bags. I already have a few muslin bags at home that the kids and I use for library books, but I thought that they would also be perfect for groceries! So, I had a great idea and thought that everytime I go to Salvation Army, I'd look for more. And guess what?! I found two today...Hooray! What a wonderful day shopping at "Old Faithful"!

Comments

Eva said…
Wonderful Heather!
I've always, well for the past 10 yrs or so, bought what I could at ROSS... no more. I will buy used if I can, then ROSS will be my back-up plan. I have trouble spending money on new things... especially for growing children. There are so many used/thift/consignment stores in this area. I can't wait to find my own treasures. The china is so beautiful! Amazing what you can find, even in the small sleepy town of HILO.

Popular Posts