Fun Recipes for the Kiddos

Colored Pasta

(to use for art)

1/4 cup rubbing alcohol

1 tbs. food coloring

2 cups pasta

1 quart plastic baggie

newspaper or paper bags

Pour alcohol and food coloring in a freezer bag. Zip it and shake around to mix. Next, open the bag and put the pasta into the bag. Make sure the bag is zipped and toss the pasta around in the bag until color is evenly distributed. Pour out onto newspaper and let dry.

*Note: Just to let you know, the pasta will not smell like rubbing alcohol. The smell evaporates as it is dried.
I like to wait until the pasta goes on sale before I do this. It's fun to use all the different shapes like spirals, shells, pinwheels. My children have lots of fun making creations out of the pasta on colored contruction paper or any paper that we have available. These are also great for gifts. For christmas, I put one container of these noodles, a few smaller ones of homemade playdough, glue, pipe cleaners and pom poms in a craft bag as gifts for our friends children. As you can see, I've made my own labels on the computer and have bought the plastic containers at a packaging store for about .20 each including the lid.

Have Fun!

Comments

Marci said…
thank you I can't wait to try it all!
Heather said…
Your welcome, have fun with the pirates!!

Popular Posts