Inspiration

Now that the holidays have come and gone I'm ready to get back into the swing of our regular schedule. The only thing with that is, it takes alot for me to get motivated. We have been off our regular schedule for what it seems the whole month of December and more. You might be thinking what is our regular schedule? I'm not too sure I know myself...it's been soo long. Our days have looked a little like this:

*kids wake up before 6 am and go to the store in our neighborhood with my dad for hot cocoa -leaving all there bedding unfolded

*eventually the gang returns at about 6:45-7 am with malasadas-a local type of doughnut (only to ruin our diet) normally hot cocoa and malasadas are not allowed in the morning -ughh!

*remind the boys that the blankets need to be folded

*with teeth and hair brushed after a terrible breakfast, we all sit down to do our morning devotions

*after our closing prayer the boys get to their chores- including: the yard, bathrooms, dishes, sweeping etc.

* after chores, it's play, play and play- not to mention a little reading here and there after I get on their case for having too much idle time and not enough reading.

I've been trying to go over the details in my head and think about the upcoming year and what kind of goals we as a family would like to accomplish. It's just been a little difficult with company around. Always when family are over whom have a different lifestyle than ours, it's hard to maintain normality. I guess this is where character is built in us. The Lord has truly taught our family several lessons this season and I thank Him for this.

This weekend we are going to a home school conference that our local support group is hosting and Greg Harris, a well known author and speaker in the home school community, will be our speaker. I have been looking forward to this. In a way I have been counting on this weekend to refresh my spirits and put things into perspective after a busy season. I'm looking forward to getting motivated and inspired. After saying this, I do realize that my ultimate inspiration comes through my relationship with my Lord Jesus Christ and He is the one who will map out all my goals and plans for this year.

This year our family has many changes that will be taking place. My husband will be making a change in his career. He has recently been accepted into our local fire department here in the Hawaii County, a prayer that has been answered, after being with Fed Ex for nearly ten years. In June he will be leaving Fed Ex behind to start training in the fire department for sevearl months before being stationed.

We have recently purchased land and are praying for the Lords lead in starting to build our home on it.

The Lord has also opened up many doors for us to go further in our home business in Hawaiian Jewelry.

There are many desicions to be made and disciplines to make in our very near future. We do not intend to take these desicions in our own hands but to solely put our trust in the Lord, that His will may be done. May all of you please keep us in your prayers.

At the end of this post, I have just been moved to thank all of our friends and family who have been a big part of our family. We love you all and thank you all for your love, support and prayers and believing in us! We love You- The Kanahele's

Comments

Eva said…
Yes, it does take some time to get back to NORMAL, whatever that is... doesn't it? We are slowly getting there too. Hope you enjoyed your dads visit! So when Ash's training with the Fire Department is done... and he is stationed, does that mean you guys might move? Or will he be stationed in Hilo? CONGRATULATIONS Kanaheles! Change is good, it's how we grow.

Popular Posts