Peace

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. "

John 14:27

Amongst the many gifts that God gives us, peace to me is one of the greatest. I can experience peace when it is quiet, I can experience peace when I look outside at the trees and the sky. I can experience peace when I hear the birds singing, but best of all I can experience peace when it's not really 'peaceful' like when my children are playing loudly in the house, or when something is not going my way, like when the keys are lost, when the house is a mess, when my children are arguing. I can experience peace because God has promised me peace. He makes me to lie down beside green pastures and leads me beside still waters. (psalm 23:2)

Lately, I've been challenged to let go of things that I think I need, the things that I want....

At times, like now, I think that I would be filled with peace if I give in to things that I want like a new sweater, or more time to myself, a clean house; things that I think I rather deserve. The Lord reminds me that it is the peace that He gives to me that will not trouble my heart unlike the 'peace' that the world gives. The peace that God gives to me is the peace of letting go. Letting go of the house when my children want to play, the peace of finding contentment in wearing the sweater that He has already provided, the peace of accepting my job as a mother and patiently and lovingly approach the argument that my children might be having, the peace of using my time for time to put into others . It is when I submit to His will for my life then I will experience true peace, the peace that He , my loving saviour gives to me because He knows me and he loves me and only He knows whats best for me.

Thank You, my loving sweet Jesus, for the peace that you give to me.

Comments

Popular Posts