Vacuum Disaster

Never! I repeat, NEVER decide to vacuum corners of your home without making sure that the filter is in place and you have emptied your shop vac out.

This is what happened last night: We were in the mood for deep cleaning late yesterday afternoon and Cody, my eldest son, has a great idea..to bring the shop vac in to vacuum up all the termite droppings (wonderful!) in our workshop. Then he had another great idea, being that our regular house vacuum went out on us several months ago, to use it in our living room. Well, I thought it was pretty cool, that we could finally vacuum our area rug (we've been sweeping it and shaking it out all this time). So, I'm having a grand old time vacuuming away seeing all the lint disappear before my eyes only to get up and find behind me a big cloud of orange'ish' dust in the air and caked on the rug. Uggh!!! I got up to proclaim to Cody and Ash just laughing away at the thought that I was 'cleaning' my rug that whole time.....Well, apparently I was making my somewhat clean rug into a not at all clean rug. And what was even worse than that, I started feeling really tight in my chest, like an asthma feeling, like I could hardly breathe, itchy throat, runny nose itchy, watery eyes and not only me, but the rest of my innocent family.

What was meant for a night of late cleaning turned into a night on the town. We quickly left the house. We couldn't find Seth's asthma pump, so we opted for the Pulmo Aide and brought it along with us with our portable power unit taking turns puffing away on the meds. Oh boy, oh boy...what a night!

It actually turned out to be a' lovely' night of McDonald's food(we had $15 in Mickey D's gift cards that the kids got recently) instead of the enchiladas that I was working on. As a family we parked in the Hilo Ben Franklin parking lot eating our dinner and laughing and having fun, to end our night on the town with lovely candy bars from our local Sack N Save. Aahh! The joys of 'real' family life :o) Oh yeah, we can breathe now.

Comments

Eva said…
OHHH, Heather! I hope you all are breathing better. I did something similar last year, trying to vacuum with our wet/dry vacuum, only to notice an awful odor... the filter was completely molded! Guess it hadn't dried out since I had last used it to vacuum the wet car... It rains an awful lot here! And since it is cold, it never seems to dry up, until the seasons change. At least you all had a nice family night out!
Marci said…
Heather I have been meaning to tell you, you should have Ashley put his heirloom braclets on Etsy. It's all homemade stuff and the braclets are beautiful. I still need to get one for my Olivia.
Heather said…
Marci,
I think it's a great idea. I've thought about it and I'm still contemplating. I think I have to do more research regarding the pricing and all...
By the way, I see you've sold 3 items on your store! I check often to see your stuff. Great job.
Marci said…
It's funny I know we have never meet but through Eva I have always felt we have. Funny how life is. Thank you for checking back in my store ;0)
I typed in the bracelets one day on Etsy and nobody is selling them!!!! Do your research let me know if you jump on the band wagon. I'll put out the word.

Popular Posts