Back to Work

Ash's vacation has come to an end or shall I say my vacation? We had a great time just hanging out, literally. We did a lot of staying home, enjoying the yard, watching videos, making big brunches and taking lots of naps. We did get to the beach once which was great fun! You figure we would have visited the beach more often being that the weather was beautiful, but it was soo much nicer just to stay home and let the kids have fun playing in our yard and the pool. It was a nice break for me because Ash took on the responsibility that I usually have when he's at work. I really got to be lazy!

Well, it's over! He has officially started his first day of training yesterday. What did his day consist of?? 50 push-ups first thing in the morning with the whole team because one guy showed up in the wrong kind of slacks, lots of paper work..again...a presentation by the mayor and other important people, oh and to end off the day sweeping and mopping and emptying garbage at the Central Fire station. How's that for a day, and didn't get home til' 6:00 with several pages of reading and homework.

Way to go Ash! I'm so proud of you and so grateful that I get to be your wife , the one who gets to take care of you...wake up early in the morning with a hug from you, make your lunch, make sure your uniform is all ready and set to go and most importantly pray for you and keep it together all the while taking care of your 5 beautiful children. What a blessing!! I am so happy for you. And I'm stoked that I'm yours :o)

And the kids and I.... this week I'll be testing Cody and Luke for their end of the year progress report and all three boys will be attending a sports camp Monday through Friday from 2-5 pm. We did well yesterday. We did some of the testing made sure the house was tidy and made dinner before we left for the sports camp and came home to a clean house with dinner in the crock pot, I actually had to cook it a little more in the oven because the potatoes and carrots weren't quite done. We had roast chicken with potatoes and carrots if you're wondering.

Thank You, Lord, for this beautiful gift that You have given me to be a wife to one awesome husband and a mother to 5 beautiful children. Please help me to do the best that I can and when I get tired or weary can You please carry me in Your arms?? I love You Jesus!

Comments

Eva said…
wow Heather, what a lovely post! I can feel the love you have for Ash, the kids and God. What a wonderful wife & mother you are!

Popular Posts