What I Love...

There are many things that I love. But one thing that I love.... is to sew. I love the idea of selecting a piece of material and turning it into something. Sometimes it takes me awhile before I actually start a project after long moments of contemplating what I'm going to make and being inspired by other crafter's on other blogs or books like Bend-the-Rules Sewing by Amy Karol from the library. But once I get started I am determined to finish. And the result..... well, this time it's a tote bag with a lining which took me a few times stitching, unstitching and stitching back again, and a little bravery before I finally understood how to do it. Oh, and did I mention a few lost hours of sleep because the wee hours are the only time that makes sense to sew with 3 littles in tow. I'm still trying to figure out how other mothers find the time to sew. The problem with me is that once I start something I can't put it down.

Comments

Good job Heather! Sounds like me with my blog. It's getting better though, just carry the camera around. As a matter of fact, I was just thinking yesterday of some things that I've made in the past that I loved (and sewing for the new body I'll have). I'm going to start looking at patterns and fabrics and gear myself up for that. Love you! Mom
Eva said…
Wow Heather, it looks so great! And to think you did it in the wee hours of the morning? I borrowed this book from the library too, sadly I never got it together to sew something from it. I love your determination to get things done, especially with your busy schedule.
Take care!
Eva

Popular Posts