I Didn't Give Up

At times, during a long day like today, it is very tempting to just want to give up all disciplines and just do whatever.

It started off with taking Luke to Piano...he's doing very well, by the way, for beginning just 6 months ago. Thanks to MBTA and footing the bill. It's soo wonderful! I wait in the car for a whole 40 minutes while Luke is in his lesson. All the while, the big scary dog that lives next to Luke's teacher barks at us like he wants to eat us...nevertheless it is awesome entertainment for a 14 month old (A.J.) He loves the scary thing and now knows how to say dog. So I guess Fridays during that 40 minutes that we wait in the car for Luke is designated for A.J's turn in homeschooling and learning how to say dog and what a dog sounds like. He's got the bark down. You should hear him, it's so dang cute!
What was next on my mind? Salvation Army...my favorite department store. Something about it. It's like digging for treasure, literally. I seriously have to walk around the store several times really slow to make sure I don't miss a thing. At times I'll be walking around to discover that someone scored something that I really like and I can kick myself for not looking better. So seriously, it's like a treasure hunt and a competition to see if I can spock some cool stuff at a really cool price before anyone else gets it. Is that retarded or waht?! That's where we went next and I scored once again.....let me see, what did I get: Oneil rashgaurd and a yellow GAP rain jacket/windbreaker for AJ (at a $1 ea.) , 3 really groovy looking drinking glasses-vintage style- of course, small white milk pitcher, really cute small vase- small enough to sport one gardenia, a mirror for the wall for $5. that I plan to paint a vintage color, banana yellow saucers that are already hanging on my kitchen wall-.50 cents ea! khaki green shorts for Victoria, two pillows that I plan to recover, a vintage bedsheet and a Wheel of Fortune board game for Luke. Yes, I pretty much went on a little shopping spree....so terrible. But the great thing about it, is that I left happy and got away with everything for pretty much pennies...gotta love it!!

Next, AJ's hemoglobin blood test then back home to eat lunch, hurrying the kids out the door to go back to town to do TB test's for the "school" kids- Olivia was crying ALL the way to the Dr's because she was terrified of getting the TB test and to her surprise it wasn't even bad at all...I even had to pry her out of the car...., unexpected visit to the park, pit stop at the library for Olivia who has been waiting for a long time to get her library card and all the other kids had to get a replacemet. I underestimated the time that we would spend at the library and by the end of it all.....EVERYONE including me was cranky.

Here I am several hours later...almost midnight and remembering how I regretted fitting all that I did into this one little day...why am I writing a post soo long? Because I enjoy writing and I almost forgot how much I love keeping up my blog and moments like these when I'm by myself doing something that I like to do makes it all worth it after a very looong day..... and I didn't even Give up......even though I felt like it. Did I mention that I love all the little companions that I get to spend my very long days with all six of them. They're awesome!

Good Nite for now.

Comments

Eva said…
They are all so awesome! Thanks for letting us experience the awesomeness of your children this morning!!

I'm proud of you for not giving up... because on some days it can be nearly irresistable. So... good for you!!

Till next time!

Popular Posts