Letting Them Go

Easier said than done. Letting your kids go is a hard concept. I don't quite know what this concept means, I mean obviously...I've never really let my kids go...to school that is. I don't even know what it's like to drop not even one of my children off at school or watch them walk to the bus stop to catch that big yellow bus. There are other things that we can practice with letting them go. I guess that's what you call teaching them independence. I had a hard time today with letting my children go....with independently doing their school work. We've had some work assigned to Us" !! Isn't it supposed to be assigned to the child not the parent as a co assignment?? Instead I was found at the computer doing intensive research (if that's what you wanna call it) for something that Luke is suppose to work on, on his own. I just thought I'd help him...I like learning too! I know....he's never going to learn to do things...like school work on his own, without me on his side coaching him along. I do though. I do have to learn to let go. It's scary at times. Yes. I have to learn to trust and to just let go. Kids, worries, imaginations.....are amongst the many things that I have to learn to let go. But before I do let go, here's a really cool link to an article I found while intesively searching the web today.

Comments

Eva said…
It's so true, letting go is hard,even with school kids. Usually Jaime drops Noah at school. When I do it, part of me wants to reach out and grab him as he's getting out of the car and hold him tight. I'm sure he'd really appreciate that! =) That is a very interesting link! Love how you all learn together. =)

Popular Posts