A is for apple

Today I did it! I made my very first apple pie.  And it was delicious.  I have been wanting to make an apple pie for the last month and forever now. I purposely bought a whole bag of granny smith apples the last time I went shopping so that I could make something apple.  I always end up making something simple like an apple crisp, but I have always wanted to try to make an apple pie and for some reason it kind of really scared me, you know the crust and all, something about it. Thanks to our Apple theme this week with the kids.  I borrowed a whole load of books having to do with apples from the library and all week (you gotta read "The Apple Pie that Papa Baked by Lauren Thompson- what a lovely book!) we have been reading about apples, doing apple art, yesterday we did apple stamping and today was the BIG day....to make an Apple Pie with the help of the kiddos, well just a little because you know, I wanted it to turn out just right and there couldn't have been any mistake during the processs....It actually turned out to be more of a cooking show with the kids watching....How fun!  We all waited in anticipation staring at the pie bubbling in the oven for the whole hour and when it was ready, oh everyone gobbled it down.  There wasn't even time to let it cool down not even for 5 minutes.  So now the Apple pie, well it's in our happy tummies...and there is one left over for daddy unless it doesn't make it until tomorrow morning. Ode to our Apple Pie!

                                              The Apple Pie That Papa Baked

Don't forget to read this lovely book to your littles!  You won't regret it, I love the pictures.

Comments

Eva said…
Hi Heather!

Thanks for the inspiration, I finally made one too... for Thanksgiving. It was so good. Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving.

Popular Posts