Missing Him

" Where's Cody?" Baby Ash asks.  "When is Cody coming back?" Tori inquires. These questions kind of come to me as a surprise. You'd never think that they would miss their big brother with the teasing and tattling that goes on, but they do.  My response to Tori was, "maybe like seven days."  And then she asks to show her how many days that is in fingers and I put them up only to hear  "aww!"  "Do you miss him?" I ask.  "Yeah..."she says.
We do miss having Cody around even just a for a few days.  I don't even want to think about the day he prepares to leave our home.  What a hard day that will be.  I'm just so thankful that we get to spend all the time that we do spend together as a family.Whether we're working, playing, relaxing, sleeping...we're doing it together and we'll have much to look back on and remember all the good times we've had.  I always have people tell me that "they grow up soo fast."  They are right.  Our babies grow up too fast, before you know it they'll be all grown up. 
Cody, take your time growing up. We don't mind having you around :o) We love you! 
I really am happy for him while he is spending the week at grandma's house.  He's planned this for over a month now so he could go to Honoli'i and surf everyday before the Honoli'i Paka surf contest on Saturday.  Hope he does well and has lots of fun!  It really is a good break for him and he desreves it.  You are awesome son!

Comments

Popular Posts